Monday 19 May 2014

Lush - The Mask Of Magnaminty Review

Hello everyone! I hope you all have had the most lovely weekend in this beautiful weather. I'm rather ashamed to say I have spent far too much of it in bed!
Today I have another beauty post for you all, I'm sorry there haven't been many fashiony ones on here recently but there will be more soon I promise. Today I'm going to be reviewing Lush's self-preserving Mask Of Magnaminty face mask, get ready for some rather goblin-like pictures!
Recently I've been trying to take better care of my skin and am constantly on the look out for miracle products and seen as I haven't tried a face mask in years I thought I'd splash out on one! It all started last month...
I originally decided to go to Lush because I was ridiculously bored of my skincare routine and wanted to inject some of their fun into my evening routine. I was stood in the Newcastle store with a lovely lady (whom I'm pretty sure was bored of me by the time I'd made my mind up) for about 15 minutes trying to decide which to buy and finally I did. I chose a delightful face mask called Love Lettuce which I absolutely fell in love with. It smelt of lavender and was full of ground almonds which are really good for exfoliating your skin. When I ran out of Love Lettuce I was, as you'd expect, heartbroken, and I simply couldn't resist running back to Lush to buy another! But this time I thought I'd try a different face mask on the off chance that there was one even more amazing than Love Lettuce!
This time I decided to go for the Mask Of Magnaminty, because:
One: it smells of peppermint (yum!)
Two: it claims it can save you from terrifying breakouts
Three: its self preserving which means it will last longer than others in the range and you don't have to keep it in the fridge (which is good if you're at university because your flat mates won't be scared half to death by a green monster in the corridor on its way back to the kitchen once you've finished applying it!)
You may be wondering why Lush face masks have to be kept in the fridge, don't worry I was too! As I was informed when I bought my first mask, the reason you have to keep them in the fridge is due to the natural materials that make them. Lush are amazing for producing products that actually work and are all made from natural products. Many of their masks contain honey, almonds, peppermint and other gorgeous natural ingredients and to stop them from going off they have to be kept refrigerated. Because of this Lush's face masks only last for about 3 weeks and so you have to use them regularly before they go out of date. Originally I thought this was slightly annoying as I only wanted to use a mask when I really needed one but once you get into the routine of using them every other day its so heavenly and you can really see the effects on your skin.
Now you know the basics, lets get to the mask!
 As you can see, my skin is not looking its best. Its not too bad but black heads are lurking. In preparation for the face mask I've put my hair up in french plaits to avoid getting it in my hair and I've taken my make up off.

Looks weird right? And I am about to cover my face in it! What I like about this mask is that its quite, I don't really know how to say this, watery? It's not runny, as you can see its quite stodgy but it feels very hydrating when its on your skin.
Please ignore the stupid face I am pulling in this picture.
 What did I tell you? Goblin.


 Ten minutes later and its time to get this weird gloop off my face.
Again please ignore how stupid my face looks in the picture below.


As you can see, CLEAR SKIN! There is nothing better than taking off a Lush face mask (except maybe the delicious smell!) and seeing how smooth your skin looks and feels. The effects can be seen immediately and your skin feels healthy and refreshed. Its also reassuring to know that because Lush's face masks are all made from natural ingredients that you haven't had to use any harsh chemicals to achieve clear and smooth skin. I usually use a face mask as the final step of my night time routine and don't apply any moisturiser or cleanser afterwards as I like my skin to breathe after its been naturally striped of all impurities. I am in love with Lush's face masks and as soon as this one runs out I guarantee I will be running straight back to Lush to buy another! I really like the Mask of Magnaminty, it smells gorgeous and leaves your skin feeling refreshed and awake. Do I love it as much as Love Lettuce you may ask? Not yet, but that may have well changed by the time I'm through with the entire tub!
The MoM cost me around £9 because they only had the larger pots in stock when I bought it but the smaller pots cost around £6 and usually last for about 8 or 9 masks. I would definitely recommend Lush's face masks and there are plenty to choose from, all designed for different skin types and all do different jobs so theres definitely something for everyone.
I hope you all enjoyed todays post and let me know if you like this kind of beauty post because if you do I'll simply have to write more! I hope you all have a splendid week and good luck to those of you who have exams. Its going to be a busy week for me as its my birthday tomorrow and I'm going home Friday for Slam Dunk festival so posts may not be so regular but I'll try do as many as I can.
Love Holly x

1 comment:

  1. Definitely going to purchase one of these face masks. I never really visit Lush that often for myself but that needs to change!
    Jenna xx

    - www.blkaesthetic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete