Monday 5 May 2014

New Jumpsuit For Cam's 18th!

Hello everyone! That is if there's anyone there and you haven't all abandoned me for being the most unreliable blogger ever! I am so sorry about the lack of posts this month I truly have been rubbish, I'm sure you can all guess my excuse, uni work. And believe me, there was a lot of it! 
I finished my first year of Fashion Communication at Northumbria University on Thursday and as there are no exams on my course and it is all coursework there was a lot of work to be done before then! The last week in particular was very stressful, I can't think of one day that I wasn't up by 7am nor one night that I went to bed before 2am! Thankfully I got it all done and I'm proud of what I have achieved. I have met some of the loveliest people on this course and throughout my first year of uni and I'm so grateful to them all for making first year as amazing as it has been.
Moving on to today's post, it was Cameron's 18th birthday bash on Saturday night and seen as he is one of my best friends I thought the occasion deserved a new outfit. Cam is one of my closest friends which is handy for one of my other best friends Katie as he is her boyfriend, which means the three of us hang out all the time. Katie and I are currently at uni in Newcastle but Cam is a year younger and is currently finishing his A Levels back home in Leeds.
Katie and I arrived home Friday evening and planned a trip into town for Saturday to find new outfits for the party. We had only intended to be in Leeds for a couple of hours however we spent the entire afternoon frantically running around the city centre desperately trying to find something wear. We tried Topshop, River Island, Zara, H&M, Dorothy Perkins, Oasis, Mango, Warehouse, Coast, New Look and Next without even trying anything on! As a "what have we got to lose?" we tried USC a place that neither of us ever shops in. Miraculously we managed to find Katie not one, but two dresses and got both of them for under £40! The high street gods were obviously feeling sorry for us.
Then being the idiot that I am, I had completely forgotten that Miss Selfridge was only round the corner so we popped in desperately hoping to find me something to wear. Luckily I did.





Obviously these are not pictures of me at the party, I forgot to take my camera and so didn't take any pictures, well done Hol. 
The entire day I'd been looking at jumpsuits and Katie had been rolling her eyes every time I touched one but finally I found what I had been looking for. This jumpsuit has a lovely aztec print and the colours are gorgeous, the legs are also slightly gathered at the bottom giving it a more elegant edge. I paired it with my glittery silver heels from Dorothy Perkins as I felt the navy on the jumpsuit would clash with my black heels a little too much. Seen as I was going to cover my feet in that much glitter I felt the jewellery should be a little more understated so I opted for my silver Tiffany & Co necklace and bracelet. And as always my hair was, well my hair.
The jumpsuit was £39 however with 20% student discount I got it for £31. I thought it was a little much but it is very versatile as I can dress it up (as demonstrated above) or I can dress it down with my denim waistcoat and a pair of sandals for the summer. 
We had such a good night at Cam's party and saw friends that we haven't seen in a very long time which was lovely. As Cam is such a good friend of my entire family, my parents were invited and so I spent half my night stood outside on the balcony of the venue hiding from my Dad's HORRIFIC dancing. But apart from that it was fab. 
I hope you all enjoyed this post as I haven't done one like this (or any at all) for a while and I promise that now I have finished uni until September posts will be much more regular. I'm going to make it my mission to do at least two a week and I'm trying to learn more about beauty so maybe you'll see some beauty posts on here in the near future. Hopefully you'll see some videos on my blog some time soon as well!
Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me. I'll see you all soon! Love Holly x

No comments:

Post a Comment