Thursday 15 May 2014

Burberry Beauty Prize!

Good afternoon everyone! I hope you are all having a pleasant week and if any of you have exams I hope you're surviving revision and aren't too stressed!
I'm still in Newcastle at the moment but today I thought I'd show you some pictures I took whilst I was at home over Easter. And drum roll please, because this is going to be my first ever beauty post! I've had this blog for six months now and I've always steered away from beauty because I don't know much about it, but this summer I want to get more into beauty and find out more about how to look after my skin and what to dress it in. So from now on you can expect the odd beauty post and review here and there as well as fashiony stuff. I'm also planning on doing favourite videos at the end of each month however these will feature all sorts of things and not be exclusively beauty-related.
But anyway back to today's post! I was lucky enough to attend the Vogue Festival back in March and whilst I was there I entered into a prize draw with Burberry and about a month ago I received an email telling me I'd won! The prize was a collection of Burberry make-up products which they very kindly sent to me as I couldn't go down to their Covent Garden store to collect them. I was shaking with anticipation when they arrived and could not wait to get them open. When I did remove the oodles of layers of packaging I was in awe of these delicious products which is why I thought I'd share them with you today.

First of all, I would like to say I did get slightly too excited when I saw how beautiful the bag was. Secondly, yes I do have Mr Men bedsheets and yes I am aware of the fact that I turn nineteen next week.
Inside my beautiful Burberry bag, I found a hell of a lot of tissue paper, covered in the iconic Burberry check of course, and some of the most beautiful make-up I've ever seen. I was given five products: a tube of lipstick, eye shadow, a bottle of primer, a tube of mascara and an eye liner pencil. I was immediately obsessed.
Lets start with the lipstick...



I love this lipstick, its simply beautiful! Its Burberry's Soft Satin Lipstick in the shade "Romantic Rose" or No.24 and it is wonderful. The colour is gorgeous and looks completely natural when on your lips, I would show you guys pictures of what I looked like with all of the make-up on my face rather than my arm, but I could not get a good picture for the life of me! The lipstick has a really nice glossy texture but it still looks like a lipstick when you're wearing it, my lips felt quite hydrated with it on. Its honestly really lovely I am sold! Also the tube has a magnet in it and makes a really satisfying click when you put the lid back on!
Next on the list: eyeshadow...



Again, I really like this product. This is Burberry's Sheer Eye Shadow Eye Enhancer in the shade "Taute Brown" or No.7. The colour of this is really nice, its a very soft brown and made my eyes look a lot brighter of a blue. Unfortunately I don't wear eye shadow very often because I have really small eye sockets and it did look slightly like I'd been punched in the face. On any other blue eyed person however I think it would lovely!
And now to the primer...


Now this is a bit of a black area for me, I literally know nothing about primers! As I've said I want to learn more about beauty and this will definitely an area I'm going to investigate, if anyone reading this knows anything about primers, please educate me! This is the Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid Base in "Nude Radiance" or No.1. As you can see from the swatch it is very shiny however when I'd put my foundation over the top of it you couldn't tell. It did make my foundation look a lot brighter and this may reflect a poor vocabulary but the only word I can think of to describe my face afterwards was "radiant". I like this product but as its the only primer I've ever used I haven't anything to compare it to. I wish I knew more about primers to give you a more educated answer and if I'm talking nonsense please tell. I'd rather not be preaching ignorantly.
Now moving back into my comfort zone...


This is Burberry's Effortless Mascara Volumising Lash Enhancer in "Midnight Black" No.1. I'm usually quite hard to impress when it comes to mascaras as my lashes a little on the short side, and this mascara, well...it was alright. It does what it says on the box, it does look effortless and the effect it gave my lashes did look very natural which is great if you've got lovely long curvy lashes but for us girls with slightly rubbish lashes, we need a bit more oomph. I usually rate mascaras on length and natural aesthetic and although this mascara was subtle and effective it didn't quite give me the length I need. I liked it but I don't think this product is for me.
And last but not least, the eye liner...


Now this product is not for the faint hearted, its fierce. This is Burberry's Eye Definer Eye Shaping Pencil in "Midnight Black" No.1. And when Burberry say "Midnight Black", they mean midnight! Its a pencil eyeliner and very strong and very matte. Its not as soft as others I've used but I don't wear pencil eyeliner very often so again I could be talking nonsense. However, even though make-up is not my forte I do know that this will definitely define your eyes!
So there you go everyone that was my first ever beauty post! I'm sorry if I've made no sense throughout this post and offended any of you beauty brain boxes out there but as I've said I don't know much about beauty and it is something I'm trying to learn more about so please forgive my ignorance. Hopefully the next time I do a beauty post I'll be slightly more educated on the subject!
I've got another week in Newcastle before I head home to Leeds for Slam Dunk festival and summer so I'll try do you all some Newcastle related posts next week, maybe I'll show you some of my favourite spots in the city if the weathers nice. As always more is coming and I've got posts in mind for when I'm home and have space to shoot some more fashion-related photographs so keep your eyes out for them. I hope you all have lovely weekends and I shall see you all soon. Love Holly x

2 comments:

  1. Hey Holly, thanks for visiting my blog!
    Oh, Burberry cosmetics! Looks nice, especially the mascara!
    www.shawsy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete