Tuesday 11 March 2014

A Day In Durham With Emma

Hello my lovelies! I hope you are all enjoying the sunshine! I certainly am and on Monday I caught the train down to Durham for a fun day in the sun to meet my best friend in the entire world, Emma. (You might remember her from my Christmas photo diary).
To call Emma my best friend would be a colossal understatement. I have known Emma pretty much my entire life, we often struggle to describe how we know each other and our relationship because I have always seen Emma as a sister. Her whole family I see as an extension of my family and they mean so much to me. I can't count the number of summer days I spent at their house playing sardines in their garden or the number of Saturday nights our families would cook for each other and then all sit down in the lounge, snuggle up and watch a film together. Emma knows me better than anyone I know and I can safely say I would be a very different person without her in my life.
I haven't seen her since Christmas because we have both been at university and so Monday was very exciting for the both of us and we had such a lovely day together. She actually ended up coming back to Newcastle with me and staying over because she didn't have any lectures today and so we ordered pizza and watched a Disney film just like we used to. I had a truly delightful day, the weather was beautiful and I got to spend a relaxing afternoon with my sister. I took some photographs of Durham and what we were both wearing and here they are, enjoy!




















So as you can see, Emma and I were clearly on the same page yesterday. When we thought about it later that day it was almost embarrassing how similarly we were dressed. We were both wearing skinny jeans, denim jackets, white shirts, rucksacks and Vans. I don't even know what to say about that.
We started the afternoon with a walk along the river, then visited an adorable little cupcake shop called Be Tempted (which if you're ever in Durham I would highly recommend) where Emma had a fruit scone and I a snickerdoodle cupcake which was so delicious. Then we had a little nosey around town in Scorpio Shoes and a bunch of charity shops and stores with hundreds of vintage records. We then headed up to the cathedral before returning to the train station and coming home to Newcastle.
I was sad to see her off today at the station as she returned to Carlisle where she's studying but we had such a lovely two days together and I'm so grateful for them. I hope you guys liked this post and there will be another coming soon, maybe at the weekend, on the Jean Paul Gaultier exhibition we visited whilst in New York at the Brooklyn Museum and I'm also going to do a post showing you lovely people all the things I bought while I was there so keep your eyes peeled. I hope you all have an excellent week and I shall see you all soon!
Love Holly x

2 comments:

  1. I was going to pop through to Durham yesterday but didn't end up going! :-( I am going to go to Be Tempted next time, I'll look for it. I never know where to go when I'm in Durham and always end up in the same old high street shops. Thanks for sharing this post! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's on Saddler Street as you're heading up towards the cathedral. There's also a really nice cafe just down the road with a 50s american looking milkshake and ice cream parlour upstairs, I'm not sure what that one's called but if you find it I'd recommend the Oreo and peanut butter milkshake! x

    ReplyDelete