Monday 3 February 2014

Illustrations: Spring Summer 2014

Hello my darlings! I hope you've all had a stupendous weekend.
Now its only one week until I go to New York for fashion week (although I highly doubt I'll actually get into any of the shows) and so I thought I'd show you some illustrations I've done of my favourite pieces from the 2014 Spring Summer collections.

Now one of my favourite collections hands down has to be the Chanel show, an obvious choice I know, but the installations Karl designed for the runway were fabulous and seen as I did an entire module on fashion installation last semester anything related to them gets me all excited as I really enjoyed that project. Getting back to the clothes *cough* they too were amazing, the colour and shape to those pieces were fresh and empowering. I also loved the paint-splattered rucksacks, as I use my Roxy rucksacks all the time and now I can justify it from a fashion point of view.
My other favourite collection was Dolce & Gabbana's Sicilian inspired parade of coins, blossoms and prints. Some of the designs were so simple and yet so remarkably romantic and revitalising! What can I say it was love at first sight! My favourites from that collection have to be the blossomed dresses (one of which I've drawn above) and the dress made entirely from coins, they were beautiful!
I thought I'd do an illustration of a piece from each house instead of simply copying a picture off Google Images because I thought it would be slightly more fun (for me at least) and creative, what do you guys think? To say I haven't done art in almost three years I'm pretty happy with them but if any of your have any tips on fashion illustration please share them with me because I would like to get back into illustration. Disclaimer: I used a template that I found on Google Images for the bodies of these pictures, I just drew over the top of them and scanned them in. Anyway I hope you enjoyed this post and I'll see you all again soon. Because I'm in New York next week there might not be any posts but I will be taking hundreds of pictures and I'll share them all with you when I get back.
Love Holly x

Twitter: https://twitter.com/hollyanniles
Instagram: http://instagram.com/hollyanniles
Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/hollyanniles3/

No comments:

Post a Comment