Sunday 9 February 2014

Winter Wool

Hello darlings! How are we all? I'm really excited, you know why?
BECAUSE I'M GOING TO NEW YORK TOMORROW!!! I wasn't joking when I said I was excited! Tomorrow I'm heading off to the city that never sleeps and one of the fashion capitals of the world, I can't believe how lucky I am that I've been given this opportunity.
Unfortunately, its still freezing over there, (although I have just had a look at the forecast for next week and the temperature is actually in positive figures so things are looking up!) so I hit the last leg of the sales (yet again) and bought some new woollen pieces to prevent me from losing a toe...or an arm!




I'll apologise now for the terrible pictures, my room in my halls is really gloomy and I don't have anywhere I can take pictures outside without the whole of my halls or Newcastle staring at me and wondering why I have to take twenty pictures of myself before I take one I actually like!
Anyway, back to the clothes. The first jumper I found in the Warehouse sale when I went to the Metrocentre with Steph and Hannah. Its actually a size 16, which I obviously am not, but I tried it on regardless because I love the colour. It's a cropped jumper with bat-wing sleeves but because its two sizes too big for me (I'm a 12) its a nice length and doesn't appear cropped at all which I prefer.
The second piece is a black cardigan also from the Warehouse sale, (this one is my size). This only cost £12 and combined with the red jumper which cost £18, with a cheeky bit of student discount, together they only cost me £27. I love this cardigan as its thicker than you'd think and (although you can't see very well in the pictures) has a bit of a sporty feel to it because of the knit. It can be worn smartly or in a more sporty luxe kind of way and I love it!
And the final piece is a black snood from Accessorize which only cost £5.70! I've never really been a big fan of snoods as all I can imagine when I think of them is skiers but this one was too lovely not to buy. It goes wonderfully with my black and white coat from French Connection and will create a very chic, monochrome look while I'm in New York.
We set off for the airport ridiculously early tomorrow and we'll be in New York for tea time so as you can imagine, I'm freaking out! I've always dreamed of going to New York and I want to live there one day so this will be pretty momentous for me. I've actually only left Europe one other time and that was to go to Toronto and Ontario in Canada nearly three years ago. Naturally I'm a snap-happy photographer and I take hundreds of photos where ever I go but in NY I'm going to take millions! I bought a new camera this week as well and one that takes high quality videos so I'll also be filming video diaries while we're there of where we go, what we do, what we eat, the shows we see, basically everything! I'll be doing "outfits of the day"'s although they won't be particularly stylish as I'll be drowning in layers of thermals but I'll show you them anyway. There will be a lot of content on here in the weeks following my trip as I'll be doing street style photography too. There's a lot to look forward to.
Anyway I'm going to stop rambling and start my packing as everything with me is last minute, but I hope you all have a lovely week and I'll see you all when I return!
Love Holly x

No comments:

Post a Comment